POSTED MarCH 1, 2023
Senior Laboratory Technician
Senior Laboratory Technician – Molecular Biology
Company: Phaeno Biotech
Job Location: 5270 California Avenue, Suite 300, Irvine, California 92617
Start: April 2023
S U M M A R Y
Phaeno Biotech is seeking an experienced molecular biologist.
We are a genomics company developing a proprietary RNA sequencing technology.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- . Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemistry, or related field.
- Minimum requirement: Two-years experience as a molecular biology technician, or one-year experience as a senior molecular biologist,
or two-years experience at the graduate academic research level.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques, including gel electrophoresis, in vitro DNA replication and restriction reactions.
- Proficiency in the design and execution of experiments, and organization, analysis, and presentation of results.
- Experience working with RNA.
- Proficiency with common software, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Flexibility of mind and readiness to adapt to experimental needs and circumstances.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and skills at a rapid pace.
- Ability to identify problems and to design potential solutions.
- Ability to communicate problems and results clearly and concisely.
- Ability to collaborate collegially with a group, to receive guidance and support and to support others.
- Experience keeping inventory/records.
- Coding experience with R, Python, or Perl, (Ruby, Rust, Julia)
- One-year or more experience with NGS sample prep
- One-year or more experience with bioinformatics analysis
- Master of Science in biochemistry or molecular biology
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
- Experiments / run gels, PCR, RNA prep, etc
- Organize and maintain lab space
- Maintain stocks
- Facilitate the process of solving complex technical problems
- Keep organized, detailed, and timely documentations of experiments (lab notebook)
- Participate in weekly lab meeting and provide timely updates
O P P O R T U N I T Y
The position of Senior Lab Technician is a part-time position that can convert to a full-time position. This position offers the opportunity to participate in the promising startup of a creative new company introducing conceptually new technology with exceptionally broad applications for both fundamental research and commercial application.
C O N T A C T
Interested candidates please send resumé/CV to Hedi Mouchard: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phaeno Biotech | 5270 California Avenue, Suite 300 | Irvine, California 92617 | www.phaenobiotech.com